What I like:
- Both of my supervisors are very friendly. Although they are Professor and Assoc. Prof… they help me a lot. I hope, I can manage to complete my PhD here. There is no communication problem with us, all of the time we speak English.
- People that surrounding me here are very helpful. They always help me in my life here.
- Very easy to get Halal food. A lot of Halal food can be bought at supermarket. Besides that a lot of Kebab stall here which is Halal.
- Easily to cross the road. Car driver respect pedestrian very well…it’s not the same in my home country.
- Very easy to pray(as a Muslim). I feel comfortable to pray behind my desk at the laboratory, even though there are seven French people here. Nobody ever disturb me, they respect my religion. Besides that, I can easily have a Friday prayer near the university. There are also two main mosques at
. Rennes Opportunityto learn French Language. I have installed some words in my memory.
- There are 2 times a year, the shops are open for
. It is usually in July and January every year. Actually, my wife like it very much:-p. SALE
- There is a support from CAF every month for the house that I rent.
- I hate myself for not yet able to speak French even though I have been here for eight month. Maybe I need more practice. I only able to speak ‘Broken French’ and understand some words. Hopefully, after this I can speak fluently.
- Be careful when you walk! Please look on the floor and road, because you might be stepping on ‘shits’ of the dogs. If not, you need to do ‘samak’.
- Be careful with the beggar. Sometimes they could disturb your life. Maybe you should drop some cents.